- EDNA – Epicenter Data & Network Analytics (our version of St. Louis FRED)
- Debt/GDP – EUSD Supply / Market Cap %
- Fork Tracker
- Geographic Distribution of Hashrate
- Algorithm distribution by country
- Monetary Velocity
- Percentage Epic Locked
- Stock to Flow
- Forward S2F
- Transaction Insights
We keep an eye on potentially promising innovations from within the entire Mimblewimble ecosystem, in this case, from Grin. Aguamenti is a decentralized protocol to “conjure” liquidity anonymously over Tor.
In BTC, Coinshuffle is another technique to boost confidentiality. Should the market demand enhanced anonymity and/or privacy solutions, the flexible architecture can be adapted to accommodate user needs.
One simple technique that boosts privacy at the slight expense of data footprint / scalability is to add decoy outputs to transactions, as found in Beam.
Found in production in both Beam and Firo, Lelantus is confirmed as compatible with the EPIC architecture.
- Apprentice Program – Inspired by the Linux Janitor Project, newcomers learn the codebase through simple tasks such as documentation and refactoring.
- Automated Testing – EPIC code features an automated ‘cucumber’ testing framework that reduces the scope for bugs.
- Bug Bounty – We will initiate a formal bug bounty program to encourage responsible disclosure of security issues.
- ECK Chaos Net – ECK is an experimental chaosnet version of EPIC, where advanced features are deployed into production. While the existing Epic Floonet is perfectly fine for testing purposes, some types of problems can’t be found until there is money on the line. ECK helps us de-risk enhancements to EPIC by providing a real world free market environment test experience first.
- External Audit – We will evaluate potential auditor partners, with an eye toward integrating them into our development process.
- No New Crypto – EPIC uses proven, safe cryptographic primitives.
- Peer Review – We will iterate and formalize our peer review processes to ensure quality code.
- Proof of Proof – supplemental 51% attack protection.
- Epigraph – record of contributor contributions
- Hall of Fame – recognizing those who have been financially supportive
- Money Printer Mobile Mining App – PoW mining on mobile devices & tablets.
- Proof of Spacetime Disk Farming – minimal energy required.
- 1-click Easy Miner
- Browser Integration
- React Native Mobile Wallet
Direct P2P Non-custodial atomic swap. Community membership model and available tainted coins insurance.
EONE Wrapped EPIC
1 EPIC per EONE token, wrapped into a standard ERC20. Will use cross-chain bridges to extend coverage to non-Ethereum networks. Once wrapped, EONE ERC20 tokens can bridge across to Avalanche, Binance Smart Chain, Klaytn, Polygon, Tezos, Wanchain and more.
Bisq-based P2P downloadable dex for direct p2p trading; a decentralized, non-custodial alternative to LocalBitcoins using ECR tokens for dispute resolution.
Desktop Light: Solana Serum
Desktop Dark: Loopring DEX ERC20
Desktop Light: Solana Serum
Desktop Dark: zkSwap ERC20
- Orbitchain → Klaytn
- Relay Chain → Avalanche, Binance Smart Chain, Huobi Eco Chain, Polygon
- Ren → Arbitrum, Avalanche, Binance Smart Chain, Fantom, Solana
- Wrap Protocol → Tezos
- ADA / Cardano
- AE / Aeternity
- ALGO / Algorand
- ATOM / Cosmos
- AVAX / Avalanche
- BNB / Binance Smart Chain * via RelayChain
- CKB / Nervos
- DGB / Digibyte
- DOT / Polkadot
- EGLD / Elrond
- EOS / EOS
- ETH / Ethereum
- FTM / Fantom
- HECO / Huobi Eco Chain * via RelayChain
- ICP / Dfinity Internet Computer Protocol
- ICX / Icon
- IOTA / Iota
- KDA / Kadena
- KLAY / Klaytn * via Orbitchain
- LISK / Lisk
- NEAR / Near
- NEO / Neo
- OKB / OKChain
- ONE / Harmony
- QTUM / Quantum
- REEF / ReefChain
- RUNE / ThorChain
- SCRT / Secret Network
- SOL / Solana
- THETA / Theta
- TRX / Tron
- XCH / Chia
- XDC / XinFin
- XTZ / Tezos * via Wrap Protocol
- VITE / Vite
- WAVES / Waves
- ZIL / Zilliqa
All ECR supported networks +
- HBAR Hedera Hashgraph
- XEM New Economy Movement
- XLM Stellar
- EDEX Self-custody decentralized exchange front end
- EDXC AG market maker / liquidity provider
- EDX community-operated centralized exchange – Shift Markets white label
- Crypto ATM
- ETM Machine Cash Points
Freeman Express Epicurean & Epictetan Cards (EUSD debit)
USA-based Freeman Express offers a range of fiat connectivity options for EUSD.
Buy EPIC/ECR/EUSD with:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Wire Transfer
Use EPIC/ECR/EUSD value to fund:
- ACH Outgoing Transfers
- Bill Pay
- Gift Cards
- Prepaid Debit
- Push to Card
- Wire Transfer
- Withdraw Cash
We have established a connection with the producers of these products and are evaluating the creation of physical media for use in places without access to reliable network connectivity and other edge case scenarios.
Additional algorithms – we will bring in miners currently dedicated to other chains by providing them a sunset path for obsolete equipment that is no longer commercially viable on the primary chain. For example, equipment for Dash’s X11 algorithm won’t have much use when it goes to predominantly proof of stake. The addition of Equihash, as found in ARRR and ZEC, will provide exposure to those coins’ communities via their miners and mining calculator sites such as WhatToMine.
|AI||TPU||Target: Useful proof of work; turns EPIC into a machine learning engine.|
|Equihash||ASIC||Target: ARRR, ZEC|
|Scrypt||ASIC||Target: DOGE, LTC|
|SHA3||ASIC||Target: Renewable Energy Verticals|
|SHA256||ASIC||Target: BCH, BSV, BTC|
|RandomARM||CPU||Target: Mobile, Tablet, Embedded|
We are also investigating algorithms specific to RISC-V and Apple M1 architectures.
Fungible Tokens – ERC20-style
Non-Fungible Tokens – ERC721/1155-style
Key Differences vs. Ethereum
- No MEV – Miners don’t know what they’re mining, making frontrunning & sandwich attacks impossible.
- Not Turing complete – Reduces risk of unexpected losses due to hacks and bugs.
We will continue to build bridges to other complementary chains. This is what we have so far.
Alliances (Informal - friendly relations)
Future Partners (we hope)
- Algorand – Institutional use cases
- Cosmos (Interchain Foundation) – Interoperability
- Polkadot – Interoperability
- Polymath – Security Tokens
- Stellar – Fiat Connectivity
We will upgrade the EPIC stratum to facilitate DIY open source pools. BTC has on the order of dozens of pools, our target for EPIC is 1000+.
EPIC++ allows the creation of multiple token types, fungible or non-fungible, to be traded on the Epic chain alongside Epic Cash, the chain’s native asset. This allows alternative assets to be traded with the full protection of Mimblewimble.
This approach provides functionality similar to ERC20 tokens, though without the overhead of smart contracts, alongside Epic’s native token. Using Mimblewimble to support custom tokens, we extend true fungibility to the token universe for the first time.
Issuers can provide transparency about the total number of assets in circulation while providing absolute privacy for particular transactions. Assets may be exchanged securely and fungibly on-chain, allowing price discovery and market clearance while preserving the full set of Mimblewimble guarantees for individual transactions.
Adding custom tokens allows the power of Mimblewimble to be leveraged from an exciting range of new use cases.
EPIC current capacity is approximately 1000 transactions per 1MB block, which occurs once per 60 seconds. This equates to ~17 transactions per second, or 1.4MM transactions on a daily basis.
We are committed to Layer 1 scaling and have identified the following optimizations that can increase transactional capacity to handle growing demand.
60 seconds → 50 seconds → 40 seconds → 30 seconds → 25 seconds → 20 seconds → 15 seconds → ??
Shortening the block time from 60 seconds to 15 seconds results in a linear increase in transaction throughput, or 4x increase in capacity.
1MB → 2MB → 4MB → 8MB → 16MB → 32MB → 64MB → ??
Epic Server 3.0 relies on a centralized server to pass messages for users who choose to use that convenience feature. While <100% uptime for the message forwarding service is acceptable, wherever possible we seek to decentralize and harden our infrastructure.
Maintaining 100% uptime on centralized infrastructure is difficult, which is why the Oxen network’s Service Nodes are a great fit for our needs. Oxen’s Lokinet uses staked capital to protect against sybil attacks and ensure availability.
Protocol-level non-interactive transactions using BLS signatures.
Receivers can stay completely off-line and still receive payments. This work will eases payment processing in Epic Cash in several ways:
- Cold wallets become easier to implement in Mimblewimble;
- Point-of-sale applications become more straightforward;
- Wide-spread contributions from the public become easier.
- Et cetera.
Instead of 0xaacb8505b680dd287ecde9679c72aa5fef2e9b0c,
Emoji transactions allow transactions to flow via almost any modern communication channel.
OPEN PAY PORTAL - REUSABLE ADDRESSES
Sending to a standard address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org becomes possible
STEALTH ONE-TIME ADDRESSES
Some applications require that the recipient not receive multiple transfers, in order to avoid receiving unwanted payments. For that, one-time transactions allow non-reusable addresses.
Furthermore, for each of these transaction options, we will add multi-signature variants. These allow senders and receivers to build financial and security controls around transaction flow to suit their business requirements.
- Wallet Connect